Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review - A Pesar La Vida / Not Yet (7" Single)



I recently got my hands on this brand new 7" single by Ocote Soul Sounds featuring Chico Mann & Quantic, and it is truly fantastic! This new latin funk single packs so much punch, it's hard to believe such a small record can contain its awesomeness. Side A kicks off with a groovin' vocal funk number with fabulous vocals from Chico Mann. Side B features an instrumental jam featuring some fabulous grooves and flute playing, which really steals the show.

I really liked both side B & A, although I really wanted side A to be longer! It goes through a serious workout and then becomes a bit slower-paced and then fades out... I would have liked to see it kick back up to the original energy before fading out. I felt like that would have given the track a little more resolution.

Overall, this was a fantastic single that leaves the listener wanting more... let's only hope that there is a full album in sight soon, and extended versions of these great tunes!

Blue Funk's rating: 8/10

Buy the single here.

No comments:

Post a Comment